McKinley County has a pro-business environment built on three central principles:
- We strive to proactively foster an entrepreneurial culture that will stimulate and produce tomorrow’s innovation today,
- We work to attract new investments and diversify our economy through the expansion of existing businesses and recruitment of stable base job providers.
- We respect and value our businesses and industries that are generations old, and seek to retain them as cornerstones of communities.
Our business environment is strengthened by our competitive advantages, including:
- Interstate transportation networks (rail and highways);
- Location-to-major markets advantage;
- Available and diverse human capital;
- Comprehensive package of local and State incentives;
- Available industrial parks and sites;
- A highly-desired quality and quantity of life;
- Leadership’s commitment to economic development;
- Strategic infrastructure investments; and
- Targeted industrial clusters.