- County Government
- Human Resources
The Human Resources (HR) Department is committed to fostering a favorable work experience for employees while reducing the county’s exposure to liability. The Human Resources Department serves as a valuable and reliable source of expertise and support for employees and management at all levels.
The Human Resources Department is also committed to maintaining the maximum level of benefit packaging available while considering cost to both the employee and the County.
Scope of Work
The Human Resources Department will:
- Ensure the Employees of the Human Resources Department are provided the tools, training and motivation to operate in the most efficient and effective manner
- Recruit and develop a qualified workforce, recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the workplace
- Promote a friendly atmosphere by valuing the needs of every customer
- Establish, implement, administer and effectively communicate sound policies, procedures, rules and practices that treat employees with respect and equality
- Maintain County compliance with employment and labor laws, organizational directives and collective bargaining agreements
McKinley County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or promotion on the basis of race, color, national origin, political affiliation, religious faith or absence thereof, sex, age, handicap, or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, in accordance with applicable Federal and State laws.
- To comply, adhere, and align with Federal/State Regulations, McKinley County Personnel Policies, Ordinance NO. MAY-18-003, and hiring best practices.
- To provide tools to help assess, interview, and recruit “the best qualified and best suited for each position” (7.6.3).
- To help familiarize and understand the McKinley County Personnel Policies that relate to Section, 7.0, Conditions of Employment. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
McKinley County offers a Full Compensation Benefits Package. Below is a list of Benefits offered through the SoNM Local Public Body to enhance the lives of our employees and their qualified family members.
Visit the SoNM Local Public Body (LPB) Employee Benefits website located under the Quick links section, for a comprehensive detailed listing of benefits.
- Paid Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits
- Deferred Compensation Plan @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- How do I submit an application?
Applications are submitted online under Employment Opportunities.
- I submitted an application, now what?
Patience is the key when applying. There are many steps to the McKinley County Hiring Process. We appreciate your patience. If you have any questions regarding your application, you may contact the HR Office at (505) 863-1400.
- Can I attach additional resources to my application after it was submitted ?
Yes. You may upload and attach any additional resources (ex. Resume, Certificates, Degrees, Transcripts, etc..) to your application after it was submitted. Just log back into your account and navigate to your application.