I think I have overpaid my taxes. Will I receive a refund?
If a taxpayer remits an amount in payment of his property taxes that exceeds the total property tax liability shown on the property tax bill, together with any applicable penalty and interest computed to the date payment is received by the county treasurer, a refund of the amount in excess shall be made to the taxpayer if either of the following conditions are met:
1. A written request for the refund is made by the taxpayer and received by the county treasurer within sixty days of the date the excess payment is received by the county treasurer; or
2. The county treasurer on his own initiative determines by June 30 of the year following the year for which taxes are imposed that an excess payment has been made.

Show All Answers

1. Why is the tax bill not in my name?
2. How are names added or removed from property records?
3. How can the name of a deceased person be removed from the records?
4. How can the name of a former spouse be removed from the records?
5. Can the Treasurer’s, Assessor's or Clerk’s Office help me fill out a deed?
6. Where can a person get a blank deed or other document forms?
7. How can the mailing address for a tax bill be changed?
8. My property is mortgaged/escrowed. Do I pay the taxes?
9. How can I determine if my taxes have been paid by the mortgage company?
10. I think I have overpaid my taxes. Will I receive a refund?
11. If I paid my property taxes and my mortgage company paid my taxes, who will receive the refund for the duplicate payment?
12. My mortgage company pays my property taxes through an escrow, why am I receiving a bill?
13. Why is the previous owner's name in the legal description of my bill?
14. I just bought this property, why am I being charged for the entire year of taxes?
15. How can I acquire properties with delinquent property taxes?
16. Do you accept postmarks?